I called 911 yesterday for the first time ever (thank goodness). Don't worry everyone is fine. I was taking Gabe to school and as I was driving home I was crossing Bangerter Highway. For those of you not familiar it is a three lane each direction highway, speed limit 55 or 60 mph. There was a guy walking with a baby in a stroller on the highway! What a MORON! I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. He was at the side, but seriously there is about 18 inches of shoulder. I turned around to see if I really just saw what I thought I saw and sure enough he was just walking along. (There are many "no pedestrian" signs by the way. But really, do you need a sign to tell you that you shouldn't walk with your baby in a stroller right next to traffic going 60 mph??)
So I felt like I couldn't not do something so I called 911. An answering machine answered. Really. But it was just a recorded message telling me to stay on the line and it didn't take long at all until I was talking to someone. He said that they had received many calls and had someone on their way. I turned around at the next light and there were a couple of police cars that had stopped him. Who know maybe he would have been fine, but definitely not a chance I would want to take.
So what have we learned here? If you have no common sense, pay attention to traffic signs. And if you lose all ability to think clearly, hopefully there will be some other people around paying attention.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Isn't if frightening that there is no life guard at the gene pool!
That makes me sad :( I'm glad you called!
Post a Comment